Team 61 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team 61 Forum

Official Forum of Team 61

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What is the "Cube"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
knomad56

What is the "Cube" Empty
PostSubject: What is the "Cube"   What is the "Cube" EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 10:29 am

Such a simple question with such a variety of answers.

Simply, the Cube is a draft format where you get to play designer and developer. You get to choose your metagame. You choose all of the cards in it. You designate powerful strategies, archetypes, and you decide which ‘foils’ to those strategies you would like to include.

The Cube’s exact origins are unknown. The gist of a cube is this: The Cube is the best cards in Magic, stuffed together, to create incredibly fun experiences. How you create or mold those experiences is up to you.

Remember: If you’re not having fun, then you’re doing it wrong!

Starcitygames hosts another site http://www.cubedrafting.com/ that has all the information you could ever want. There are tons of great resources located on the site to get you started out. This is an incredibly fun, multiplayer variant format that is great for get togethers!
Back to top Go down
Traveler

Traveler

What is the "Cube" Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the "Cube"   What is the "Cube" EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 1:57 pm

Im a huge fan of this format
Back to top Go down
knomad56

What is the "Cube" Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the "Cube"   What is the "Cube" EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 2:05 pm

Traveler wrote:
Im a huge fan of this format

And now is a great time to build a cube! With Shards block out of standard, people are looking to offload thier stuff for what ever new stuff they are looking for.

I think I may disolve my Kaervek deck and use the cards to populate my red and black portions of my cube.
Back to top Go down
Traveler

Traveler

What is the "Cube" Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the "Cube"   What is the "Cube" EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 2:14 pm

Yea, Morningstar and I have a list together. its gonna be a moderate sized cube (100 of each color or something) we are finalizing the list and are just gonna get high quality proxies for them. We are just gonna slowly build it up to that kind of level (all foil/promos). The most expensive part is gonna be the sleeves right now. If you'd like to join in lemme know
Back to top Go down
Control Is Good...
Admin
Control Is Good...

What is the "Cube" Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the "Cube"   What is the "Cube" EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 11:53 pm

shawn id like to join. let me know what i can do or what we are looking for
Back to top Go down
recnball

What is the "Cube" Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the "Cube"   What is the "Cube" EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 4:29 pm

Id like to try and help out too, just let me know ya would need to lok out for.
Back to top Go down
knomad56

What is the "Cube" Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the "Cube"   What is the "Cube" EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm

just out of curiosity... with now 4 people pooling cards together (admittedly the most expensive cards in magic) who is going to maintain possession of the cube you all are building?
Back to top Go down
Traveler

Traveler

What is the "Cube" Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the "Cube"   What is the "Cube" EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 7:22 pm

I'll be the one luggin the cube around on the day to day. We are gonna have a list of who put in what so it'll be easy to figure that out should someone want to back out. The money invested ie for sleeves won't be refunded. (I mean its like 20 bucks if ya can't spare it you shouldn't be playin.) Also cards put in should only be traded away at double value. Those are the rules we have right now.
Back to top Go down
knomad56

What is the "Cube" Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the "Cube"   What is the "Cube" EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 3:45 pm

I'm in the process of building up my list now... it's going to be pretty close to Evan(scg's) list plus my personal favorites as well. I'm going to start a build up thread, if you have any trades, let me know!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What is the "Cube" Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the "Cube"   What is the "Cube" Empty

Back to top Go down

What is the "Cube"
Page 1 of 1