Team 61 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team 61 Forum

Official Forum of Team 61

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

my first glimpse of the cube

Go down 
+3
c4
knomad56
Sluts
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sluts

Sluts

my first glimpse of the cube Empty
PostSubject: my first glimpse of the cube   my first glimpse of the cube EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 3:11 am

i really enjoyed the cards i saw and def wanna play more.

although i enjoyed the cube i kinda wanted to play the draft for more then two rounds. i understand it's done to get two games in but i feel like two opponents is kinda lame.
Back to top Go down
knomad56

PostSubject: Re: my first glimpse of the cube   my first glimpse of the cube EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:02 pm

It's more a matter of time than of set rounds... on one hand I wouldnt mind 3 rounds per draft but on the other hand, if you ended up with a shitty deck 3 rounds blows and 2 is just enough to know that your torture is short lived.
Back to top Go down
Sluts

Sluts

PostSubject: Re: my first glimpse of the cube   my first glimpse of the cube EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 3:56 pm

that's true, im thinking though it would be fun to put a friendly wager down on these drafts. nothing fancy of course, maybe like two boosters to the winner and one to second place. or even just one for the winner would be cool. even if we don't put a wager on it i think it would be cool if we do four rounds with two decks. i think this would be more fun.
Back to top Go down
knomad56

PostSubject: Re: my first glimpse of the cube   my first glimpse of the cube EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 4:56 pm

I think that's a terrible idea. I dont want to take something where everyone is having fun and make it competitive. We have enough competitive personalities as it is... we dont need to throw salt on an open wound by making a prize pool.

If you wanna gamble with magic, pay the $5 at FNM i say.
Back to top Go down
c4

c4

PostSubject: Re: my first glimpse of the cube   my first glimpse of the cube EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 8:08 pm

Amen to that... we damn sure do have enough competitive personalities on the team.
Back to top Go down
JTPENCE

JTPENCE

PostSubject: Re: my first glimpse of the cube   my first glimpse of the cube EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:21 am

I agree with dave this is supposed to be fun...lol
Back to top Go down
barrinmstr

barrinmstr

PostSubject: hmmm   my first glimpse of the cube EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:32 pm

so we're genuinely just using the cube as a fun thing... give it time, and it will become like EDH. If you remember, that was a casual fun format. Now look at it. All sick and twisted... like Vader. More machine then man... oh wait. Sorry. Anyways.... lol I haven't seen anyone pay in at FNM in a long time. I'm used to there being a box up for grabs at FNM's up in New England. Sluts... I'd recommend actually "drafting" sometime. That's got a prize support built into it, plus what you draft. Very Happy just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Sluts

Sluts

PostSubject: Re: my first glimpse of the cube   my first glimpse of the cube EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 11:11 pm

yeah i always enjoy a draft, where they at around here cause i feel like thursdays at CC is kinda a bust.

oh and for all you haters, its like you said/agreed, there are a lot of competitive ppl in our group. so i think a SMALL prize would be cool. even if its one pack to the winner. its not about trying to win, but getting something for doing well. i mean if you get at your homeys throat over a one pack prize....your obviously not as close as you thought.
Back to top Go down
recnball

PostSubject: Re: my first glimpse of the cube   my first glimpse of the cube EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 11:19 pm

lol yeah specially since you could open that pack and end up getting a card you will tade to that person lol
Back to top Go down
Control Is Good...
Admin
Control Is Good...

PostSubject: Re: my first glimpse of the cube   my first glimpse of the cube EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 7:30 pm

i think that making a 3 dollar rare bid might be a good idea. Pull it out your binder and maybe make a few cards. Only if everyone agrees tho.

And yes i see the gigantic arrow for competitive people pointing at me.... its ok....
Back to top Go down
knomad56

PostSubject: Re: my first glimpse of the cube   my first glimpse of the cube EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:01 pm

that arrow was pointed at myself as well... I like keeping fun, fun, and keeping competitive at things that affect my rating like FNM... casual shouldnt be competitive.
Back to top Go down
Sluts

Sluts

PostSubject: Re: my first glimpse of the cube   my first glimpse of the cube EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:24 pm

you keep saying competitive as if your not gunna be anyways. everytime i play magic im trying to be competitive. i dont care if i draft a horrible/fun deck, im still doing all in my power to beat you. Now, i see what your saying how you dont want this to be were we just wanna win and step away from the free building aspect of it, that makes it so fun. however, i dont think a small prize like one pack or something like doug said(although i dont really like that idea to be honest) would do that. im still going to make the deck i want, but now i have something to try for, and if i dont get...boo hoo, its one pack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my first glimpse of the cube   my first glimpse of the cube Empty

Back to top Go down

my first glimpse of the cube
Page 1 of 1