Team 61 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team 61 Forum

Official Forum of Team 61

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
knomad56

New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread Empty
PostSubject: New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread   New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 8:25 am

Announced today: "Action" is now New Phyrexia!

first card spoiled: (image coming soon)

5WW
Mythic Rare
Creature
Vigalance
White creatures you control get +2/+2
Creatures your opponents control get -2/-2
4/7

removal....on a dude... with a huge butt...and vigalance....
Back to top Go down
Slave to Zod

Slave to Zod

PostSubject: Re: New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread   New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 9:29 am

As long as that bitch aint got shroud....I will allow it!!!
Back to top Go down
theotherdavid

PostSubject: Re: New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread   New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 12:20 pm

New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread Attachment
Back to top Go down
c4

c4

PostSubject: Re: New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread   New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 2:33 pm

Yeah it's the White Preator... Dude is a house. I can't wait to see What Sheoldred or the Green one do.
Back to top Go down
theotherdavid

PostSubject: Re: New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread   New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 6:03 am

Below is a link to all the cards that have been spoiled. *Note* a card must be officially leaked, announced, or have an image of it to be placed on this page. This list is updated shortly after the announcement.

http://mtgsalvation.com/new-phyrexia-spoiler.html
Back to top Go down
knomad56

PostSubject: Re: New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread   New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 8:26 am

theotherdavid wrote:
Below is a link to all the cards that have been spoiled. *Note* a card must be officially leaked, announced, or have an image of it to be placed on this page. This list is updated shortly after the announcement.

http://mtgsalvation.com/new-phyrexia-spoiler.html

Dave.

mtg salvation is firewalled on NMCI computers. Generally for the spoilers, I start a thread (such as this) and post them individually from SCG images so our navy bretheren can see them no matter what computer they are on.
Back to top Go down
theotherdavid

PostSubject: Re: New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread   New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 9:12 am

Rgr that
Back to top Go down
knomad56

PostSubject: Re: New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread   New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 3:59 pm

TALISMAN CYCLE BAYBEEEEE....

Back to top Go down
theotherdavid

PostSubject: New Spoiled Cards from Jap Scans   New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:31 pm

Chancellor of the Furnace
Rare

5/5
Creature - (Giant)
At the beginning of the game, if ~ is in your hand, you may reveal it. If you do, at the beginning of your first turn's upkeep, you may put a 1/1 red goblin creature with Haste on the battlefield.
When this enters the battlefield, put X 1/1 red goblin creatures with Haste onto the battlefield, where X is the number of creatures you control.

Chancellor of the Dross
Rare

6/6
Creature - (Vampire)
Flying, Lifelink
At the beginning of the game, if ~ is in your hand, you may reveal it. If you do, at the beginning of your first upkeep, you may have each opponent lose 3 life. Gain life equal to the life lost this way.

Praetor's Grip
Rare

Sorcery
Search your opponent's deck for a card and exile it facedown. While it's exiled this way, you may look at it and play it as though it were in your hand.

Urabrask, the Hidden
Mythic
Legendary Creature - Praetor

4/4
Creatures you control have Haste.
Creatures your opponents control enter the battlefield tapped.

Rare
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has Infect.
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on enchanted creature.
When enchanted creature goes to the graveyard from the battlefield, return ~ to its owner's hand.

"Species Transplantation"
Rare

Enchantment
When ~ enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
Creatures you control are the chosen type in addition to their other creature types.
"There is no word more worthless than "evolution" from the mouth of Vorinclex. The only one who knows true Progress is me." -Jin-Gitaxis, Core Augur.

Phyrexian Canceller
Mythic

Creature - Horror
5/5
Trample
Whenever a source deals damage to ~, that source's controller sacrifices that many permanents.
"It is blessed compleatness." --Sheoldred, Whispering One

Karn the Releasedd(?)
Mythic
(mana cost)
Planeswalker - Karn
+4: Target player exiles a card from his or her hand.
-3: Exile target permanent.
-14: Set aside all non-aura permanents exiled by Karn, then restart the game. After that, put into the battlefield under your control all cards set aside this way.
(loyalty) 6

Caged Sun
Rare

When Caged Sun enters the battlefield, choose a color.
Creatures you control of the chosen color have +1/+1.
Whenever you tap a land for mana, add one mana of the chosen color to your mana pool.

Puresteel Paladin
Rare

2/2
Creature - Human Knight
Whenever an Equipment enters the battlefield under your control, you may draw a card.
Metalcraft - As long as you control 3 or more artifacts, equip costs of equipment you control is 0.

Norn's Annex
Rare (grrrrr)
{PW}{PW}
Artifact
({PW} may be paid for with either or 2 life.)
Creatures can't attack you or Planeswalkers you control unless their controller pays P for each attacking creature.

"Phyrexian Unlife"
Rare

Enchantment
You do not lose the game for having 0 or less life.
While you are at 0 or less life, all sources of damage to you gains Infect.

"Psychological Surgery"
Rare

Enchantment
Whenever an opponent shuffles his library, you may look at the top 2 cards of that library. You may exile one of them, then put them back on top of your library in any order.

"Spellsplitter"
Rare

0/4
Artifact Creature
{PU}: Target spell or ability that targets a single creature targets ~ instead.
({PU} may be paid for with either or 2 life.)
"I'll show Vorinclex that for progress you require more than just teeth and nails." - Malcator, Unifier

"Screamwhip"
Rare

Artifact - Equipment
Living Weapon
Equip {PB}{PB} ({PB} may be paid for with either or 2 life.)
Equipped creature has +1/+1 for each Swamp you control.

Hex Parasite
Rare

Artifact Creature - Insect(?)
1/1
{PB}: Target a permanent. Remove up to X counters from that permanent. ~ gains +1/+0 until end of turn for each counter removed this way.
({PB} may be paid for with either or 2 life.)

Fresh Meat
Rare

Instant
Put a 3/3 green Beast creature token onto the battlefield for each creature that went to your graveyard from the battlefield this turn.
"Death is a scavenger's favorite appetizer."

"Spawning Shell"
Rare
{PG}
Artifact
({PG} may be paid for with either or 2 life.)
{PG}, T, sacrifice a creature: Search your library for a creature with CMC equal to or less than the sacrificed creature's plus one. Put that creature into play, then shuffle your library. Play this ability only when you can play a Sorcery.

"Invasion Parasite"
Rare

3/2
Creature - Insect
Imprint - When ~ enters the battlefield, exile target a land.
Whenever an opponent plays a land with the same name as the exiled card, ~ deals 2 damage to him or her.

Scrapmetal Fiend
Rare

*/*
Creature - Construct
~'s power and toughness are each equal to the number of artifact cards in all graveyards.

https://2img.net/h/i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp309/focid00d2/MTG/nph1.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp309/focid00d2/MTG/nph2.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp309/focid00d2/MTG/nph3.jpg
Back to top Go down
theotherdavid

PostSubject: Re: New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread   New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 5:16 pm

Also, the infect symbol for casting costs / activation costs, can be paid either via 1 of the color mana, or 2 life, whichever you prefer.

This could make for some interesting combos and pays throught standard for the coming months.
Back to top Go down
knomad56

PostSubject: Re: New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread   New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 5:38 pm

Wow... if those are the rares, I think ill be ordering singles for this set!
Back to top Go down
c4

c4

PostSubject: Re: New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread   New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 1:30 pm

that fucking colorless planswalker is utterly fucking stupid good.
Back to top Go down
knomad56

PostSubject: Re: New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread   New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 9:51 pm

c4 wrote:
that fucking colorless planswalker is utterly fucking stupid good.

But at a $50 price tag? I think not. He will never see standard play and will be $15 within 2 months of release
Back to top Go down
c4

c4

PostSubject: Re: New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread   New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 1:04 am

I won't pay for him outright, but i'd trade for a playset. i think he will see play more when the new block gets released. i have a feeling that it will be heavier on the control side. right now yes i agree that there is way to much agro in the format, but on turn 5 you could get him down. his negative abilty is where he is going to shine, but if you exile a blightsteel or Emmy and then go ultimate... that would fucking suck...
Back to top Go down
Slave to Zod

Slave to Zod

PostSubject: Re: New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread   New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 8:24 am

He will go in my discard deck!! Now WotC...give me my Evincar, now DAMNITTT!!!
Back to top Go down
theotherdavid

PostSubject: Re: New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread   New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:08 am

I'm just curious if anyone saw this card or not from the above list.

Hex Parasite
Rare

Artifact Creature - Insect(?)
1/1
{PB}: Target a permanent. Remove up to X counters from that permanent. ~ gains +1/+0 until end of turn for each counter removed this way.
({PB} may be paid for with either or 2 life.)

I'll take "Target your planeswalker, remove X loyalty counters, place him in the GY and I'll give my guy +X/0"... It's basically a continued use vampire hexmage, ... that you don't have to sac. It seems good imo.

In addition to this one, Caged Sun is basically a reprint of Gauntlet of Power Yes Caged Sun is 6 and Gauntlet is 5, but that's not exactly a huge deal.

This set is turning out to be quite decent imo.
Back to top Go down
knomad56

PostSubject: Re: New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread   New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 2:08 pm

oh yea, while JTMS is in standard he says kill target $100 card lol. I like it, it will see a lot of play in anything that runs swamps. This also give black the ability to get away from blue and bring the power level of MBC WAY up.
Back to top Go down
knomad56

PostSubject: Re: New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread   New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 2:10 pm

one other thing... think about your opponent tapping out for karn and +4'ing him. You play this dude and add 10 counters to your little bug. if you have the dragon out that gives all your dudes haste and enemy dudes are cipt you're swining for 11 with a 2 drop Smile
Back to top Go down
theotherdavid

PostSubject: Re: New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread   New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 3:00 pm

While you may in fact be killing their Karn , and swinging for 11, you've invested 12 mana to do so, (playing for 2, and pumping for 10), not to mention the cost of the red guy you're playing (an additional 5 mana prior to this). It's more likely to kill a Jace, who normally doesn't go above 3 that often unless you're going for the win.
Back to top Go down
Slave to Zod

Slave to Zod

PostSubject: Re: New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread   New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Wow. I seen this and my Hexmage is pissed!!!
Back to top Go down
theotherdavid

PostSubject: Re: New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread   New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 1:15 am

New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread 686_t16cpk10ah
Back to top Go down
knomad56

PostSubject: Re: New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread   New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 2:40 pm

theotherdavid wrote:
While you may in fact be killing their Karn , and swinging for 11, you've invested 12 mana to do so, (playing for 2, and pumping for 10), not to mention the cost of the red guy you're playing (an additional 5 mana prior to this). It's more likely to kill a Jace, who normally doesn't go above 3 that often unless you're going for the win.

that's not right man, {PB} does not mean you pay (1 black, or 2 life) for each of "x" counters. Activated abilities are paid in succession... so you pay {pb}, then target a perminant, then remove x counters ON that perminant, then your dude gets pumped. you can even do this with your own perminants if you wanted.
Back to top Go down
theotherdavid

PostSubject: Re: New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread   New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:20 am

I understand how it works, I just mis-read the text when I was reading it in Japanese.
Back to top Go down
knomad56

PostSubject: Re: New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread   New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:57 am

you can read japanese?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
theotherdavid

PostSubject: Re: New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread   New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:33 pm

No, but I did stay in a holiday inn express last night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread   New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

New Phyrexia Spoiler Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next