Team 61 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team 61 Forum

Official Forum of Team 61

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread

Go down 
+7
c4
NavyBrit
barrinmstr
Slave to Zod
recnball
StormBlade
knomad56
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
knomad56

Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread Empty
PostSubject: Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread   Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 1:45 pm

Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread Attachment
Back to top Go down
StormBlade

StormBlade

PostSubject: Re: Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread   Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 2:43 am

When I first saw Hero of Bladehold and the ability Battle Cry, I busted a nut.

Stupid. Aggro decks are getting steroids.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dallas.landreth
knomad56

PostSubject: Re: Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread   Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 7:00 am

it's like a mini grave titan with out the cipt ability Smile it's going straight into the cube!
Back to top Go down
recnball

PostSubject: Re: Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread   Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 7:29 pm

man neils knights are going to be rediculous...
Back to top Go down
knomad56

PostSubject: Re: Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread   Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 8:29 pm

recnball wrote:
man neils knights are going to be rediculous...

even though Hero her self is a knight... she makes SOLDIER tokens... if she would have made 1/1 knights, that would have been B-R-O-K-E-N but yeah, as it stands, knights seem to be getting some real love! if enemy lands are released in this set B/W knights could be a real problem deck!
Back to top Go down
knomad56

PostSubject: Re: Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread   Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 4:22 pm

Tezzeret 2.0 spoiler image for Mirrodin Besieged... lets get some discussion going? thoughs?

I say 2UB
+1 Destroy target non-artifact perminant.
-2 take control of target perminant until end of turn, untap it, it gains haste.
-6 You gain an emblem: If an artifact would go into the graveyard, it may come into play under your controll instead and is indestructible.

starting loyalty 4

Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread MB_Tezzeret_Spoiler
Back to top Go down
Slave to Zod

Slave to Zod

PostSubject: Re: Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread   Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 9:35 pm

If the MTG Novels are to be belived and the way my twisted mind thinks...

My master Zod Bolas brought Tez back from the dead so with Glissa in the set I was think:

3BR (no blue cuz he currrently under Bolas' control and he was not a mind mage)

+1 Destroy target Artifact (Bolas people are not builders)

-2 Gain control of target non-black creature until ETO (mini Bolas ability)

-7 Gain control of all Artifact in play and in all graveyards (If I remember currently, the creature Bolas was a 7/7 for 7 total mana. Currrently I see him being a destroyer and taker being twisted by Black mana aka Jesta to Phage)

Starting Loyalty 3

----------------------------------

Also another thought...

Bolas is Powerfull but not as strong as he use to be. I don't think he has to the juice to bring back a Plainswalker full strength. So Tez might be a Black/Red creature. Heres my other option:

Tezzeret, the Conquer
2BBR
Creature - Zombie Mage

R: Tezzeret gains firebreathing

Tezzeret gains +1/+1 for every artifact in all graveyards

3/3

"...when I was boy I used to play with boy toys. Nicol Bolas has made me a man. And now I will play with you." - Tezzeret to Jace apon there first reunion.
Back to top Go down
knomad56

PostSubject: Re: Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread   Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 11:08 pm

your knowledge of M:tG lore is impressive... my heart tells me that no matter slave or self tezzeret could never desert his blue artificer roots however, the art definitely suggests black red with the fire from his arm and in his eyes.

if bolas is in fact too weak to resurrect a walker, that is one difficult casting cost for tez and probably wont make it into the cube with that kind of ability.
Back to top Go down
Slave to Zod

Slave to Zod

PostSubject: Re: Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread   Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 1:59 pm

Thanx! I had nothing to do in the Navy so I read ALL the MTG Book. So yeah, I'm a nerd on the myths and stories with MTG. Truth be told...I use to make decks around the novels and characters. One reason why I cannot let go of cards in decks: Phage, Nicol Bolas (creature/walker), Vess, and Soron. All my deck were fun decks until I started trying out for the team.

Anyway...

I see your point. And I can maybe see blue in the pic in the form of the lighting. So going by the pic we have lighting, what looks like red red mana flowing through is arm, and an ugly a$$ face or Zombi look. If there is a set to actually print a 3 color card it would be this block. The only reason I don't think it would happen is that would refer back to Grixis plane. Mirrodin plane WAS about all 5 colors not only 3. The only way I see around this would be making him a sunburst creature.
Back to top Go down
knomad56

PostSubject: Re: Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread   Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:43 pm

M:tg isnt all about winning a pro tour, if you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong. More power to your creative decks... i like inovation.

on Tezzeret... I dont see him being tri-colored, nor do I see him having a sunburst mechanic. So far the only mechanic we have confirmed is Battle Cry (when this creature attacks, each other attacking creature gets +1/+1)... No Planeswalker has ever been "reprinted" as just a creature... however creatures (nicol, venser) have been reprinted as planeswalkers so I dont think Tezz will be just a creature and since Tezz 1.0 dropped out with Scars I can totally see him coming back into standard as walker again. beyond that... who knows!
Back to top Go down
Slave to Zod

Slave to Zod

PostSubject: Re: Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread   Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 12:08 pm

One other thing. Funny how this actually came to me in a dream, Damn you MASTER!!!!. Sarkhan was G/R. After Zod messed with him he turn R/B. Red was he main color which he kept. Even Ajani had red added. I don't see them making another B/R planeswalker this soon. Wizards has fooled us before with pix and it didn't fit the mana base. Maybe they will make him a B/U planeswalker to rivial Jace and Vensor. And the "red" mana in his arm is just showing him use or store mana and is not "tapping" into a red mana source. G/W and B/U are the only colors NOT cover in Ally colored Planeswalkers (and I don't see Tez being G/W).
Back to top Go down
knomad56

PostSubject: Re: Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread   Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 12:12 pm

agreed and I think everyone was under the impression that Elspeth Tirel would be G/W (including me) and to our disbelief she was indeed mono white. This too may be the fact for Tezzeret and Blue will get a fourth plainswalker. Wizards has always made blue more powerful than other colors, since we KNOW tezzeret will be reprinted, he may logically follow the Jace 1.0/Jace 2.0 trend and be a 4 ability MONSTER that changes the format completely.
Back to top Go down
StormBlade

StormBlade

PostSubject: Re: Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread   Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 3:22 pm

Tezzeret will probably be U/B, since he's clearly shown in one of the preview arts being worked on by Phyrexians.

I think he'll deal with Poison slightly, while maintaining his artifact proficiency. Possibly, he'll have the ability 0: Proliferate. Which counts as his +1 ability in respect.
Back to top Go down
knomad56

PostSubject: Re: Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread   Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 3:35 pm

I just watched Mark Rosewater's 30 min interview...

1. there are 2 new mechanics in MBE (battle cry for the myrans, ??? for the phyrixians)
2. R&D deliberately depowers certain archetypes each set... so control is good then next year control gets owned by agro, then combo, etc...
3. SOM BLOCK is designed to have increasing ammounts of infect, proliferate and other such mechanics.
4. if 'creatures' power creep then spells decline in power each set...this is best noted by the loss of path to exile and o-ring and the new Titan cycle.

that's all the important stuff but he gave good info on the upcoming 2 sets, you guys should check it out.
Back to top Go down
barrinmstr

barrinmstr

PostSubject: Desperately seeking susan....   Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 3:41 pm

Oops. wrong website. anyway, I'm excited about my guess. I believe he will be u/r because I want him to be. plain and simple. he'll still have his roots, so he'll be all about the artifacts... but he's going to be violent. Something like Electrolyze for his gain loyalty ability. How freaking sweet would that be? I'd be doing cartwheels for sure.
Back to top Go down
knomad56

PostSubject: Re: Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread   Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 3:46 pm

if that were true, that'd be sick, i'll electolyze my stuffy doll/pariah doing 2 dmg to you, drawing a card, then i'll tap stuffy do one more dmg, voltaic key, tap stuffy again, do one more, play a land, burst lightning my stuffy doll, bolt your face then pass turn.

haha
Back to top Go down
NavyBrit

NavyBrit

PostSubject: Re: Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread   Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 9:20 pm

I heard that Hero of Bladehold is a promo card, if anyone gets one and doesn't want it, I am looking for them. I would like a play set of foils.
Back to top Go down
knomad56

PostSubject: Re: Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread   Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 2:14 am

cmc 2
Plague Myr
Artifact Creature - Myr ?
Infect

{T}: Add 1 to your mana pool.
1/1

Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread 163171_484345612917_174376972917_6100864_530814_n
Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread 168313_484346247917_174376972917_6100882_7769621_n
Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread 164135_484346312917_174376972917_6100886_5367579_n
Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread 163011_484346342917_174376972917_6100887_6900501_n
Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread 168067_484346377917_174376972917_6100889_5303095_n
Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread 167469_484346427917_174376972917_6100892_7808908_n
Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread 165723_484346477917_174376972917_6100893_2542058_n
Back to top Go down
c4

c4

PostSubject: Re: Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread   Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 5:31 pm

Don't know how I feel about the cards quite yet, but if they give me an enemy dual I.e. contested warzone (red white imo) then I will go back to turning little dudes sideways.
Back to top Go down
Rhymesayer

PostSubject: Re: Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread   Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 5:33 pm

Signal Pest is going to be a champ, enough said, the others seem to be a little too expensive for what little they do, they are just commons and uncommons though, we'll see how powerful the rares are soon.
Back to top Go down
knomad56

PostSubject: Re: Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread   Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 5:42 pm

None of them are going into the cube... so far I see the knights, thopter, glissa, and maybe the one that makes dudes
Back to top Go down
recnball

PostSubject: Re: Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread   Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 7:15 pm

septic rats and ichor rats sounds pretty beast, play ichor rats they have poisen, then play septic rats a 3/3 for 3 that is alot of poisen to deal with
Back to top Go down
Slave to Zod

Slave to Zod

PostSubject: Re: Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread   Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 8:23 pm

I'm waiting too see more on the "living weapon" effect on card. Black Zombie quest is looking better and better!!!
Back to top Go down
StormBlade

StormBlade

PostSubject: Re: Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread   Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 11:08 pm

The power level of Accorder Paladin or whatever breaks every known barrier of a creature. This card will single-handedly change the metagame and push Aggro back to the top tiers HANDS DOWN.

And you can quote that.
Back to top Go down
c4

c4

PostSubject: Re: Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread   Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:34 am

StormBlade wrote:
The power level of Accorder Paladin or whatever breaks every known barrier of a creature. This card will single-handedly change the metagame and push Aggro back to the top tiers HANDS DOWN.

And you can quote that.

And i did! lol all jokes aside that paladin is seriously a beast. dies to hornet sting (the worse of the removal/burn in standard) but if it's not dealt with then you may as well kiss the game goodbye.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread   Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Mirodin Besieged Spoiler thread
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next